Friday, September 14, 2007

Transmission-X: Papercut - "Stars"


The page above is the first page of my new Transmission-X story, called "Stars". As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm now doing a webcomic called Papercut for the Transmission-X collective, which features a brand new short story from me each month. Last month's story, "Smoking" was a 4 pager, but this one comes in at 5 pages and took a bit longer to write and draw. I was pretty happy with the way turned out though, soI hope you'll visit the site and read it all for yourself.

Now, since this is my sketchblog, I thought I'd post some of the rough artwork I did while working on the story. You can see for yourself below the thumbnails, pencils and final inks (without lettering in place) from page one of the story. And yes, I do letter the entire story in the thunbnails. I know it seems crazy, but for me, I need to be able to read the text on the page in order to see if the pacing works or if my caption/balloon placement is correct. Call me obsessive, but its true...